Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Gathering #2

Our second Christmas gathering was on Christmas Eve at my Mom's house. It is always our tradition on Christmas Eve to go to church service at 5:00. My favorite part is when we sing silent night to candlelight. So awesome! After that, we head to my Mom's house to tear open presents! Then, we gorge out on appetizers like meatballs, shrimp, chicken wings, veggies, dips and so much more! Yummy! The best part of this Christmas was that Brent didn't have to work! One thing about being a police officer is that you can't ask off on the holidays. This year, because of his rotation, he already had Christmas Day off. He was then able to get one of his co-workers to work for him on Christmas Eve so we could be together. He also had some vacation time to use up before the end of the year, so he took off on the 22nd-23rd. I also had work off that entire week. It was so nice to be able to spend so much time together. We joked that we would find out if we could still stand each other and want to get married since we never get to spend so much time together. He is coming up again this weekend, so I guess we still like each other! :)

Me and Brent in front of my Christmas tree on Christmas Eve.


My sister Jennifer and her husband Marty opening their Santa "stockings"


My niece Jordan - a complete teenager right now!


My brother Jason and his wife Maria watching others open presents.

My Mom and her husband Robert in front of her beautiful tree.

Lucy with her present from "Grandma"

Maggie with her present from "Grandma"

No comments: