Sunday, November 2, 2008

New Opportunity

One of the issues we are facing in getting married is the fact that Brent lives in Iowa and I live in Minnesota. He is a police officer so we thought it would be easier for him to get a job up here, but it has been a struggle! He applied to Mankato a few months ago and never even got an interview, which is hard to believe considering he has over 10 years of experience. One thing we do know is that law enforcement is very political. It's all in who you know, unfortunately. I'm not sure if it's also hurting him that he's from out of state. Currently he has an application in with North Mankato. Supposably they were going to start interviews the last week of October, the first week of November, but we haven't heard anything. Last night, I was looking through the Waseca shopper and discovered that Waseca County is hiring. I excitedly called him and told him and he worked on his application last night. It's nice to know there are more opportunities out there. I start to get worried when the weeks keep flying by and our wedding date gets closer. I really wanted him moved up here before winter, but as along as he is here by the time we get married - that's all that matters! I don't want to be married to someone who is living in Iowa! So, we are keeping our fingers crossed and saying many prayers that something will work out SOON!

No comments: