Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Catching up

Whew - now that I have finally posted all my blogs about our honeymoon, I can blog about other things we have going on these days...

Brent was offered to go full-time with the Waseca Police Department last week!! He officially starts full-time status September first (which means a pay raise and better benefits), but he started working full-time hours this week. We didn't realize how lucky we were the first few weeks he was working as he was only working Sunday through Thursday and had Friday's and Saturday's off and he only worked 6:30 am - 3:00 pm, so we were able to spend our evenings and weekends together. Well all that ends tonight - bummer! Tonight he starts working 6:30 pm - 3:00 am for at least the next 3 weeks. Kind of a bummer since I usually don't get home from work until 5:45ish. I teased him and told him he should have dinner ready for me when I get home every night, but that didn't seem to go over too well. I'm sure going to miss having him around at night with me - just as I was getting used to it too! He also has to work all weekend, but I have plans for some major organizing around the house! Even picked up my mom's label maker the other day - watch out! :)

Monday we started looking at new furniture for the living room, but decided a better investment for us right now would be to start working on fixing up my basement. 2 years ago I got 2 feet of sewer water in my basement, which cause a lot of damage. The cleaning company that came tore out all the carpet, cut the sheet rock down to the studs 2 feet up and took off the doors. Thus, my basement has been 1 big mess for the last 2 years! I just didn't have the money to fix it up! Well, Brent has decided that on his days off he is going to start working on it! So we picked up insulation and sheet rock at Lowe's on Monday. I'm so anxious to get this project going and completed. We have plans to paint the basement floor, paint the walls and add wainscoting and white trim down there to help brighten it up. We currently have my old TV and Brent's furniture down there, which includes a ton of chairs (we laugh about our chair museum)!

For now, here is a current picture of my basement with hopes of having updated pictures to share in the near future...



Also, Maggie had a cyst removed a few weeks ago and had stitches in her leg for two weeks, so it's been a long time since we've gone on our nightly walk (yikes, I think it was pre-wedding)! And, my body is telling me I need to get back out there, so tonight we headed out in the heat. It felt good even though Maggie's tongue was hanging down to the floor, I know she enjoyed it too. We even got to see the hubby in action as we was driving the squad car around town.

And, since we don't have any kids, here is a parting shot of Maggie cuddling with her blanky and her toy - so cute!

No comments: