Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bridal Shower #2

I had my second bridal shower on Sunday, May 17th. My sister, Jennifer (also my matron of honor) hosted it at her house. It was a Mary Kay shower, so guest's were invited to purchase items for me to wear for the wedding, or to bring me another gift if they chose. It was so much fun! This shower was for my side of the family, which is not very many people. Since I am the youngest child in my family, I don't have a lot of close relatives - heck, my 2nd cousins are closer to my age than my first cousins are! However, 3 of my cousins from Iowa came as well as all my bridesmaids.

We played 2 games. The first was about me. I had to leave the room and everyone had to answer questions about what I was wearing that day as well as other questions about me! Kim was the winner of that one! The 2nd game was a board filled with pictures of me from ages 6 months to current and everyone had to guess how old I was in each picture. This was a tough one! The winner of this one was my cousin Ann.

After that, I applied makeup to see which colors I wanted to wear for the big day! The other girls took turns playing and sampling the makeup. It's just like when you're little playing with mom's makeup! Everyone was so generous and I was able to get everything I wanted and more for the wedding day!

Me with 2 of my bridesmaids - Megan and Kim


My other 2 bridesmaids - Maria and Jennifer


Me and my mom!

No comments: